Therapy for Depression
You may often find yourself grappling with a range of challenging thoughts and emotions.
Do you ask yourself:
- Why do I feel this way? Trying to understand the root cause of your feelings of sadness and hopelessness.
- Is there something wrong with me? Questioning your self-worth and feeling like you are somehow flawed or defective.
- Will I ever feel better? Wondering if the despair and emotional pain you’re experiencing will ever subside and if there’s a possibility of finding happiness again.
- Why can’t I just snap out of it? Frustration at not being able to control or alleviate your misery and negative emotions despite wanting to.
- Am I a burden to others? Feeling like your depression might be causing inconvenience or distress to the people around you.
- What’s the point of anything? Struggling to find meaning or purpose in your daily activities and life in general.
- Why can’t I enjoy things I used to love? Noticing a lack of interest or pleasure in activities and hobbies that used to bring joy.
- Am I alone in feeling this way? Feeling isolated and wondering if others can relate to your feelings.
- Why can’t I just be like everyone else? Comparing yourself to others and feeling inadequate or out of place.
- What if things never get better? Fearing that your depression will be a permanent state and that you won’t be able to overcome it.
- Is seeking help worth it? Debating whether reaching out for support, such as therapy or medication, will truly make a difference.
- Why can’t I handle stress like others do? Feeling incapable of coping with life’s challenges in the same way that others seem to.
- Am I always going to feel so tired? Experiencing physical and emotional exhaustion as a result of your depression.
- Do I even deserve to feel better? Battling feelings of guilt or shame that might be contributing to your depressive thoughts.
- What’s the purpose of my existence? Questioning the value you bring to the world and whether your presence matters.
Depression Counseling can give you hope
Please contact me today and I can help. I will provide empathic therapy, that emphasizes understanding and validation of your feelings and experiences. We will choose the best therapeutic modality for you. I will be there for you, and promise to:
- Pay full attention to you.
- Have a nonjudgmental stance, creating a safe and accepting space for you to express your feelings without fear of criticism so you can feel valued and understood.
- Validate your emotions so you can feel heard and supported, and reduce feelings of isolation.
- Explore underlying causes such as past traumas, negative life events, or distorted thought patterns. By discussing these factors in a supportive environment, you can gain insight into your condition.
- Promote self-compassion and self-kindness.
- Collaborate and problem solve. Together, we can work on strategies to manage depressive symptoms, develop coping mechanisms, and set achievable goals.
You are not alone! I will be with you each step of the way as we work together to resolve your difficult feelings.